header 1
header 2
header 3

Lincoln School 1907 - 1911

The Montpelier Examiner, November 24, 1911

Last Monday about one o'clock some of the children who were playing in the yard at Lincoln School building noticed smoke issuing from the roof near the chimney. The notified Janitor Stucki who quickly gave the alarm and then securing a ladder from a nearby house, managed to reach the roof and begin tearing off the burning shingles. The fire department responded promptly, but it was not necessary to turn a stream of water on it, as a bucket or two of water had prevented the shingles from igniting.